Academies Australasia College (AAC) is a leading education provider in Singapore, offering Cambridge Primary programme, Certificate in English courses, Singapore Government School Preparatory courses, as well as Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses. AAC is a part of the Academies Australasia Group.
Established in 1908, Academies Australasia has been operating for more than 110 years. It has a long and successful experience in education – going back in excess of 50 years.
Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) over 40 years ago, it is Australia’s longest listed education group. Public listed status means that apart from having to meet the well regarded and carefully supervised standards of the education sector, Academies Australasia colleges must also comply with the strict financial and reporting regulations of the ASX.
Academies Australasia colleges offer more than 200 qualifications to about 14,000 students across campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Dubbo - in 5 states in Australia. We also have a college in Singapore which offers Australian-standard courses.
Our students come from 127 countries (including 6 dependencies). This diverse student population creates a truly unique learning experience for our students.
Since October 2009, following the acquisition of a controlling stake in Washington Institute (subsequently renamed ‘Academies Australasia College‘) the Group also has to comply with the requirements of the education authorities in Singapore.
There are 18 colleges, each a separate company with its own licence to operate as an education institution, i.e. Academies Australasia College in Singapore and 17 colleges in Australia.
• Academy of English (ELICOS) [including Academy of English (Blue Mountains)]
• Academies Australasia Institute (Vocational)
• Australian International High School (Senior High School)
• Benchmark College (Vocational)
• Clarendon Business College (Vocational)
• College of Sports & Fitness (Vocational)
• Supreme Business College (Vocational)
• RuralBiz Training (Vocational)
• Academies Australasia Polytechnic (Higher Education and Vocational)
• Discover English (English)
• Spectra Training (Vocational)
• Vostro Institute of Training Australia (Vocational)
• Print Training Australia (Vocational)
• DFL Education (Vocational)
- Brisbane School of Hairdressing
- Gold Coast School of Hairdressing
- Brisbane School of Beauty
• Language Links (English)
In Singapore, Academies Australasia College is located on Middle Road, in the education precinct. Singapore is growing rapidly as a destination for international students. One reason for Academies Australasia operating in Singapore is so that international students may study Academies Australasia programmes without having to come to Australia. Students continuing their studies to more advanced vocational or higher education courses in Australia may be eligible for advanced standing, based on the course(s) they have successfully completed at Academies Australasia College. Articulation agreements with select Australian education providers are in place and students have to meet the admission requirements of the respective Australian educational institutions.