The first part of this programme aims to provide students foundational English knowledge and skills in applying that knowledge in everyday situations. It is breaking the Certificate in English for Foreign Learners which is currently being offered into smaller segments.
At the end of the term the students should be able to complete the A1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
• Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
• Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has..
• Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
The second part of this course is intended to give a student with limited knowledge of English a basic foundation of English. Through the course the student will learn basic vocabulary and grammar to use in simple listening, reading and writing situations.
At the end of the term the students should be able to reach the A2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
• Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
• Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
• Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate Basic need.
Click here for more details about the course & assessments