The first part of this course is intended to give a student with an elementary knowledge of English a strong foundation of English. Through the course the student will learn a wider range vocabulary and grammar to use in common listening, reading and writing situations.
At the end of the term the students should be able to reach the B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
• Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
• Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
• Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
• Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
The second part of this course is intended to give a student with a good foundation in English greater fluency in English and the minimum English for academic purposes. Through the course the student will learn a much wider range of vocabulary and grammar to use in a wide variety of listening, reading and writing situations. They will also learn the necessary formats and vocabulary for academic English.
At the end of the term the students should be able to reach the B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
• Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
• Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
• Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and independent disadvantages of various options.
Click here for more details about the course & assessments - Pre-intermediate
Click here for more details about the course & assessments - Intermediate
Click here for e-brochure