The course expose students to global tourism and hospitality practices; while providing them with a good understanding of recent trends and ethical issues that exist in the dynamic and fast-paced tourism industry. Our programme includes essential leadership, management and professional training; which is necessary to gain into entry-level management positions. All the essential knowledge and skills are embedded throughout the course.
Click for more details about the course & assessments
Basic. Entry Requirements. Intake Period
REGISTERED / ACCREDITATION
Registered with Committee for Private Education
9 Months + 6 Months Industrial Attachment
Obtained C6 for any GCE O-Level subject or 10 years of formal education or equivalent.
Applicants must be of age 16 and above
IELTS 5.0 or AAC EFL Level 4 or AAC Certificate in Business English or equivalent.
Students without formal English qualification will be given a placement test to determine the level of proficiency.
Every first Monday of the month.
The Programme in Depth
TEACHER STUDENT RATIO
Lecture - 1:60
Tutorial – 1:30
8:00am – 11:00am, /
12:00pm – 3:00pm /
3:15pm – 6:15pm
Mondays – Fridays (excludes Public Holidays)
- Information Systems Management
- Principles of Management
- Managing Services in Food & Beverages
- Business Communication
- Introduction to Tourism & Hospitality
- Leisure Services Sales and Marketing
- Accounting for Tourism & Hospitality Managers
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Attachment*
* The Industrial Attachment will be compulsory and integral module of the DTHM. In the event that a student is unable to participate in the Industrial Attachment module due to circumstances beyond the control of the student or the College, like non-approval of the Training Work Permit by Ministry of Manpower, the student will be required to complete a Research Based Project with the submission of a report to be considered for graduation for the course.
** The grade for Industrial Attachment will be capped at Pass Grade ‘P’ upon successful completion.
Assessment & Grades
Refer to Course Descriptor
Fees (Please see the top of the webpage for online payment of Application Fee and Course Fee)